THE NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Do you want an easy recipe for an elegant dessert? Then bring on the No-Bake Cheesecake! It will make you look like a top pastry chef at any event. This dessert is so creamy, light and delicious. As a result, your family may want it on every occasion. No-Bake Cheesecake is my family’s favourite. As a result, I have made and served it for over thirty years.
EASY, ELEGANT AND LOW IN SUGAR
I have diabetic family members. https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/819021882207294796/ Therefore, this easy, elegant, low in sugar*, decadent looking dessert is a hit with them. With all ingredients measured beforehand, it even becomes easier to assemble. It literally takes only 10 minutes.
I’LL SHOW YOU HOW
The 8 ingredients to have in your cupboard: graham wafer crumbs, butter or margarine, 16 oz of cream cheese, milk, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and whipping cream.
Take out cream cheese night before is best so that it is already warm and soft. Another tip is that you can make it without lemon juice if you are out. Also it can be made with 1/2 of the cheese if you are on a tight budget. You can add up to twice the sugar if you want more sweetness.
- 2 Cups of graham wafers (if you hand crush the wafers you will need at least 27 wafers)
- 1/2 Cup of butter
- 2 Cups of whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 16 oz. of cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- 1/4 C. of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
TO ASSEMBLE the NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE
- First of all choose your pan (use a spring form pan or any 8X10 rectangular baking dish or pan).
- Melt the butter.
- While butter melts, measure the crumbs into the pan.
- Mix thoroughly the crumbs and melted butter in your pan with a fork.
- Press down the crumb mixture evenly in bottom of pan firmly with fingers.
- Beat whipping cream and vanilla in bowl. set aside.
- Beat cheese, lemon juice, sugar together and lastly milk.
- Add the 2 mixtures and fold (gently stir) the cream mixture into the cheese mixture.
- Pour this one big mixture onto the crumb crust in your pan.
- Smooth the top and cover with plastic wrap and chill.
And that is it! There is nothing like an easy recipe for an elegant dessert that is quick and easy to serve.
If you want ‘easy-peesy’, open a can of cherry pie-filling and just before serving, spoon on the cherries on each individual piece. Any fruit topping goes well with this vanilla, flavoured dessert. Above all, my favourite topping is making a fruit sauce with black or red currants. Consequently, I have added my black currant topping recipe below:
- 4 cups of fresh or frozen black currants (pie cherries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries all work well)
- 2 cups of sugar( if using blackberries, raspberries and strawberries use 1/2 the sugar.)
- 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch
Mix together in a saucepan, place over medium heat and cook and stir until bubbly. Cool completely before serving.
*For low-sugar dietary needs I serve sliced fresh fruit on top.
ENJOY YOUR ELEGANT DESSERT WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS
–Karen Moilliet May 20, 2020